Staff from the User Research Center (URC) can help Harvard University affiliates create a study, lend equipment, provide training, and review the data you record for your usability and accessibility projects. We are here to prepare you for all aspects of performing user testing at Harvard University.
Set up a consultation with the User Research Center to:
- Formulate your study's test question and ensure a specific focus for your testing.
- Select a method. We can recommend if a survey, interview, usability test, or another method is appropriate for your investigation.
- Get training in best practices for the methods and equipment you plan to use.
- Understand approvals, consent, and if your study needs IRB review.
- Review collected data and recordings in order to inform decisions or make changes.
Email email@example.com or call 617-496-5272 with questions about your UX project or the lab.
For equipment requests, please view our Borrow Equipment page. Please note that equipment borrowed from the User Research Center is to be used for usability/accessibility user testing projects and is not for personal use. For specific issues, you may also contact our staff.
The URC offers monthly tours available to Harvard University affiliates. View upcoming tour dates and register for a session. If you are not a Harvard affiliate and would like to tour the lab, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The User Research Center is located in Lamont Library on Level A in room A-10. We are open 9:00AM–5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
From the Lamont Library main entrance:
After passing through the entry gate, walk towards the stacks on Level 1 and make a right toward the Larsen Room, passing the printer station. Follow the hallway to the elevator. The west stairs will be on your left. Take the staircase or elevator down one flight to Level A. The User Research Center will be on your right.
From the Lamont Library west entrance:
After entering the building, walk straight until you see the double doors and stairs on your right (across from the first display case). Take the stairs up one flight or the elevator to Level A. The User Research Center will be on your right.