Best practices & support services for research data lifecycles
Maintain and expand the Harvard Biomedical Data Management website, which was created to provide a central location for sharing information about best practices and resources for the management of biomedical research data from Harvard Medical School, the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health, the Harvard School of Dental Medicine, and Harvard-affiliated hospitals.
What They Did
- Publish all subgroups’ annual goals to the website to promote transparency
- Complete a usability report for the website
- Website updates, including suggestions from usability report and from other subgroups
- Analyze the results of the reformatting prior to and after the report
- Improved the usability and aesthetics of the website
- Used feedback from website users and shared expertise from subgroup members
- Website is well positioned to offer educational resources and information to the Harvard biomedical community.
Cioffi, M., Goldman, J., Hauserman, S., Lapinski, S., Pierce, J., & Walsh, M. (2020). Harvard Biomedical Data Management Website User Testing Report.